What about Refunds, Damages, Cancellations, Claims, Returns?
We take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and assembly is our priority. Our quality control department carefully inspects your order prior to shipment and our shipping department hand packages it with care. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and deliver your packages on time.
Items Damaged in Transit
If your recipient suspects a package has been damaged in transit, please have them inspect the delivered goods and notify us by email or chat of any damage within five business days of the delivery date. By email or chat, provide us with enough information to allow us to understand the situation including pictures of the damages. We will not process any claim for loss or damage for any delivery unless you can provide us with the particulars of the origin, destination, parcel identification number, date of delivery and the estimated amount claimed in respect of such loss or damage, failing which we will have no liability in respect of the delivery. Failure to submit the necessary supporting documentation will result in the claim being denied.
The right to damages of any kind against us will be extinguished unless we are contacted within five business days of the damage package being received, or five days from the date on which the delivery should have been delivered or five days from the date on which delivery stopped.
Excluding refund requests made in respect of our service guarantees, all claims must be submitted in writing by email or chat with supporting documentation.
We retain the right to inspect any delivery that is the subject of a damage claim. If we request that the customer retain the delivery and packaging for inspection, the customer shall retain the delivery and packaging for inspection us for a period of ten days. Failure to retain the delivery and packaging for inspection may result in the claim being denied.
Refunds are not available:
- Perishable Items Including Chocolate Dipped Strawberries - When a customer does not pick same-day or next-day shipping for fruit, strawberries, chocolate-dipped strawberriesand other perishable items as these items are perishable and we do not recommend shipping options longer than next-day service. The customer recognizes that it had the option to choose same-day or next-day services and chose a different delivery option that is risky. The customer recognizes that we are not able to process a refund when the customer has made a risky delivery decision. In some cases, we may decide to ship chocolate truffles instead of chocolate dipped strawberries so that the product has a better chance of being delivered in a good condition. The customer agrees to this decision and will not request a refund when this substitution has occurred.
- Events Beyond Our Control - For delivery charges, or for any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery,mis-delivery or failure to perform, caused by events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any act, default or omission of the sender/customer, recipient or any party having an interest in the delivery, defects or inherent vice in the delivery, acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, mechanical delays, car/vehicle accidents, disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, acts of public enemies, public health crises, quarantine, war, strikes or other labor disruptions (of any entity including vendors, suppliers or customers), terrorism, riots or civil commotion, acts of public authorities (including customs or health officials) with actual or apparent authority, customs clearance delays, import/export documentation deficiencies or deliveries requiring extraordinary handling, documentation or routing.
- Change of Mind - Where a customer has a "change of mind” after an order has been placed.
- Personal Tastes - Where personal taste differences occur.
- Packages Not as Described & Substitutions - Where a package is “not as described on our website” and/or we have substituted item(s) in a package thatare in compliance with our “substitution policy”.
- Order Changes - For changes to orders submitted less than two days prior to the date the package will be processed for delivery. During holiday periods seven days is required. Note: If you have changes that are needed, and they are outside of this time frame, please call us and we will do our very best to accommodate you; we just cannot guarantee them or provide refunds in such circumstances.
- Undeliverable Items - When packages are undeliverable. If the intended recipient is not there to receive the package or incomplete or inaccurate address information was provided at the time the order was placed, we are not responsible for the loss of the packages or damages.
- Stolen Items - Whena delivery is stolen or goes missing. If we have proof of delivery from any courier, the customer is not entitled to a refund. The customer is accepting the risk for lost and stolen packages.
We do not accept returns of damaged packages in any circumstances as most of the items that we sell are customized, gift wrapped or food items and cannot be resold. However, we will replace the damaged items in a package if the damage was caused by Fedex, UPS, Canpar or any courier and supporting documentation is provided. Items in the package that are not damaged will not be replaced.
Service Guarantees – Delays
If we deliver a package with a service guarantee after the applicable guaranteed delivery time, we will, upon request by the sender, issue the sender a refund or credit (at our option) in respect of the delivery. We will (at our sole option) refund or credit a sender, upon request, an amount equal to the difference between (a) the delivery fees paid by the sender and (b) the delivery fees that would apply to the delivery service that was actually received.
If we cannot deliver a package with a service guarantee on the applicable guaranteed delivery day, delivery will take place by end of day on the business day specified by us.
The following limitations apply to guaranteed deliveries:
(i) The delay must not be caused by some event beyond our control, including but not limited to, those items described in “Our Liability – Events Beyond Our Control”.
(ii) The delivery must not be left in a “Drop Box” after the posted pickup time; must not require pickup after local cut-off times; and must not be tendered to us after local cut-off times.
(iii) The service guarantee may be suspended, modified or revoked at our sole discretion.
(iv) The service guarantee will not apply to the following deliveries:
a) Deliveries originating from or destined to points deemed by us to be remote, where such points are not serviced directly by our couriers;
b ) Undeliverable or returned deliveries;
For details about the applicable geographic and other service limitations as may be determined by us from time to time, please contact our customer service representatives.
Refunds for Our Service Guarantees
To obtain a refund or credit where applicable in accordance with our service guarantee(s), customers should call the telephone number on their invoice or contact our customer service representatives by chat or email and be ready to provide their order number. We must receive a request for refund or credit in respect of a delivery to which a delivery service guarantee applies within five calendar days after the order was delivered or scheduled to be delivered.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse a request for a refund or credit of delivery charges for any delivery, when such request is made by any party other than the payer of the delivery charges.
Events Beyond Our Control
We are under no obligation to refund or credit a customer for any delivery charges, or for any loss, damage, delay, non-delivery, mis-delivery or failure to perform, caused by events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, any act, default or omission of the sender/customer, recipient or any party having an interest in the delivery, defects or inherent vice in the delivery, acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, mechanical delays, disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, acts of public enemies, public health crises, quarantine, war, strikes or other labor disruptions (of any entity including vendors, suppliers or customers), terrorism, riots or civil commotion, acts of public authorities (including customs or health officials) with actual or apparent authority, customs clearance delays, import/export documentation deficiencies or deliveries requiring extraordinary handling, documentation or routing.